I've recently replaced carpet with hardwood flooring. The door jamb and molding are now as well brusque. Prior, the rug was plusher and made the gap in this one door jamb less obvious.

Door Jamb Door Jamb

Molding enter image description here

I'thou pretty sure I am going to replace the molding anyways, to a more modern style.

My question, can the jamb somehow be repaired? With wood filler that tin can be sanded and painted perchance? Is it faster to merely supercede the door jamb.

asked Nov 12, 2022 at 21:42

3 Answers 3

If y'all are going to supplant the molding, I would replace the jam besides. I looks to me similar you are due for an upgrade in all of your wood-piece of work. With the new floors and new forest-work, I retrieve you would see a marked improvement in the overall look of he infinite.

answered Nov 12, 2022 at 22:21

I know this is erstwhile, but I'll add this for others to reference:

Yous can drop the door & frame fairly easily. If yous are replacing the casing on both sides of the door, you tin substantially "remove & reinstall" the door and frame (youtube is your friend). Then the gap at the bottom of the door will be correct as well.

answered Jan 21 at 20:35

Yea, I don't really encounter whatsoever style of getting around replacing the jamb and molding.

answered Nov 16, 2022 at 22:25

0

Not the answer y'all're looking for? Browse other questions tagged flooring floor hardwood-floor door-frame jamb or enquire your ain question.